Join AVI Files Easily with HJSplit
I’ve just finished downloading an avi movie which is splitted in nine avi parts. I can watch the first part (avi.001) by simply deleting “001″, making it a partial avi video, and play it using my default multimedia player, GOM Player. But if I want to watch the whole parts, then I need to join all of the AVI parts from avi.001 to avi.009. The tool I use to join the avi parts is HJSplit.
How to join avi files
- Make sure that all of the avi files are in one directory that has enough space to hold the files and the avi movie resulted from the joining process later.
- Launch HJSplit. You don’t need to install to use it.
- Click the “Join” button.
- Click the “Input File” button.
- Find the folder where you keep the avi files. Don’t get shocked if you only find the first part. Just click it and the program will find the rest automatically. Just make sure that you put all the avi parts into one directory.
- Change the output folder if you want to save the avi movie into another folder and, finally, click the “Start” button and wait until the process is finished.
Read also: AVI Fixer
Read also: Repair Damaged AVI
HJSplit is a portable application licensed as a freeware that allows you to join avi files easily. It works under Windows 7, XP, Vista, 200x, NT, 9x, ME, all current 64 bit editions of Windows and Linux/Wine. Additionally, HJSplit also offers file splitting, file compare and file checksum.
Download HJSplit from the developer’s website