Avast 6 Antivirus is a great antivirus program that brings in numerous competitive features in the market. Still, it’s impossible for any antivirus program to meet everybody’s expectation so some of you may finally decide to uninstall it. There shouldn’t be any problem with the uninstallation, but big programs like antivirus seems to have trouble during the process sometimes, which is way a specific removal tool is provided to handle the situation.
Let’s start it with the standard Avast 6 uninstallation. If you do have trouble with this normal procedure, then go to step 2 where you need to download the official avast 6 removal tool from the developer’s website.
How to uninstall Avast Antivirus 6 with the normal procedure
- Open “Add or Remove Program” in Windows XP or “Programs and Features” in Windows 7. This feature can be found in the Control Panel.
- Find “avast! Free Antivirus” and double-click it to start the removal process.
How to uninstall Avast 6 with Avast removal tool
- Download the removal tool from here.
- To use the removal tool, you’ll need to start Windows in Safe Mode.
- Launch the tool, browse the Avast installation folder if you install it on another folder other than the default one, and finally click the remove button.